Access Child and Family Care (ACFC) is a not-for-profit, person- and family-centered provider of home- and community-based services. Access strives to hire those with firsthand experience in the area of disability supports coupled with a strong educational background and skill set. We understand that it is a privilege to be invited into your home and are mindful to accommodate your schedule, rather than expecting you accommodate ours.
Our Dedicated-Practice Model means the same team member who visits your home completes required documentation, requests services, communicates with support coordinators, and is available on a daily basis to you.
We are proud of our unique offerings, to include:
– In-house, RN oversight with extensive critical care experience
– Service Facilitation for DD/CCC Plus Waivers and EPSDT
– Preferred provider for all Medicaid MCOs
– Pro bono Advocacy
– Pediatric-specific supports overseen by in-house QMHP – C
– Decades of work in the area of developmental disabilities
– Housing Guide Assistance (DD Waiver support)
– Transition Coordination
– Family Caregiver Training (FIS Waiver only)
– Sibling Support for siblings of exception children (SibShops)
– IEP/504 Support and Advocacy
– Referrals to PT/OT/ST/ABA and other therapies
– Assistance with Independent Living Options
– Experience with Housing Vouchers
– Help with Assistive Technology
– Assistance with referrals for FAPT and CSA Funding
– Care Coordination for women in high-risk pregnancies
– PCA (aide) and Pediatric PCA Classes
Access holistically supports individuals with exceptional needs and their families, primarily in Greater Hampton Roads, with a focus on the unique needs of children and young adults. We also travel to underserved areas such as Southwestern Virginia and the Eastern Shore. Access Child & Family Care is a small non-profit founded on the idea that it takes a village to raise a child – especially an exceptional one. We support your loved ones as we would like ours to be supported. Our staff maintain small caseloads and support each family comprehensively using our Dedicated-Care Model, in which one dedicated provider partners with a family to complete all assessments, service authorizations, and other responsibilities, with daily support availability by that same provider.