Community Guide Services include direct assistance to an individual in his or her home and in the community. This support is designed to promote an individuals’ self- determination through brokering community resources that lead to connection to and independent participation in integrated, independent housing or community activities so as to avoid isolation.
This services supports an individual’s move to independent housing by helping with transition and tenancy sustaining activities. The community housing guide collaborates with the support coordinator, regional housing specialist, and others to enable the individual to achieve and sustain integrated, independent living.
Allowable activities include the following:
– determining an individual’s preferences and barriers to independent housing
– assistance identifying resources to cover expenses
– assistance with the details of the move itself
– providing training on good tenancy habits and expectations
– assistance resolving disputes with a landlord or neighbors
– assistance with the tenancy recertification process.